Outline Help - How to set up an outline
All About Food
Title of your paper; Capitalize all important words; center—
Skip 3 lines
I. Fast Foods You can’t have a I without a II, an A
A. Burger King without a B, etc. You must always have
B. Taco Bell at least 2 points for every category.
2. Baked potato The way you line up the Roman Numerals,
3. Frosty letters, etc. is very important!
II. Nice Restaurants
A. Olive Garden
D. Macaroni Grill
III. Home-Cooked Meals To begin writing your outline, divide your
A. Fried Chicken paper into specific categories or main
B. Steak and Gravy points that you will cover. These are the
1. Crock pot style Roman numerals. Points that you plan to
2. Skillet Style cover inside each main topic are capital
C. Lasagna letters. Details under each letter’d category
become numbered outline points.
IV. Healthy Options
A. Fast Food
a. small amount of dressing
b. grilled chicken instead of fried
2. Grilled Chicken
3. Low-calorie options
B. Nice Restaurants Single-space all points except in between
1. Low-calorie menu Roman numerals.
3. Grilled entrees
C. Home-Cooked Meals
1. Grilled meats Everything you put in your outline MUST
2. Chicken and Fish be in your paper in that order!
3. Steamed veggies